It’s that time of the year, the trees are decorated with all the beautiful ornaments and children’s creations collected over the years. The lights have been strung and nightly you “Ooh and Ahh” at a job well done.
To ensure you and your family will have fond memories of this time and avoid tragedy, here are a few tips from a recent Cleveland Public Safety Demonstration:
- If your tree is real. be sure to water it daily to prevent it from dying.
- If the tree is artificial make sure it is labeled fire retardant.
- Keep electric cords away from the water basin of the tree.
- Plug no more than three strands of lights into each electrical cord or outlet.
- If you are using a space heater in the room where the tree is, keep it at least three feet away from the tree.
- Watch the video posted on Cleveland TV20’s YouTube Channel found here.