Mayor Frank G. Jackson annually hosts “Mayor’s Night Out Against Crime” events in each of the city’s five police districts. The goal is to engage residents and law enforcement personnel in a relaxed environment. The mayor wants youngsters to meet the men and women tasked with protecting them and begin to see them as a friend and a resource.
This year we are seeking to engage youth through the “Design A Crime Fighter” contest. The winning designs will be incorporated into a logo/design for future “Mayor’s Night Out Against Crime” events.
Criteria for Participation
Youth must reside in the City of Cleveland
Youth must be eight (8) years of age by June 15th, 2018, and must not be older than thirteen (13) years of age by June 15th, 2018.
• Each entry must be the original work of one child;
• One submission per child.
• Designs may be horizontal or vertical.
• Any 2D art medium may be used (crayon, markers, colored pencil, etc.) Please no computer generated images or 3D materials (glitter, glued items, etc.).
• Words and numbers may be included in the design.
• Be creative! Please do not use copyrighted art, logos, etc.
• The contest runs until July 20th and is open to children ages 8-13.
• All entries are due by 4 p.m. on July 20th. Return your entry to City of Cleveland, Community Relations Board, 601 Lakeside Avenue, Room #11, Cleveland, Ohio
44114 or by email MNO@city.cleveland.oh.us.
• Winners will be selected by the City of Cleveland Mayor’s Night Out Against Crime Committee in two categories Ages 8-10 and 11-13 for each of the City’s five (5) Police Districts.
• Winners will be notified by phone no later than July 29th. The winning designs will be incorporated into an overall Mayor’s Night Out Against Crime Design for the
• All winners will receive a certificate and recognition at the Mayor’s Night Out Against Crime event on August 2nd as well as the publication of their design. City of Cleveland “Design A Crime Fighter ” Contest