Annually the City of Cleveland hosts “Mayor’s Night Out Against Crime” events in each of the city’s five police districts. The goal is to engage residents and law enforcement personnel in a relaxed environment. We want youngsters to get to know the men and women who are tasked with protecting them and to begin to see them as a friend and a resource.
It is also meant as an opportunity for law enforcement personnel to develop relationships with residents and young people. An attempt to humanize all parties in an effort to reduce conflict and increase cooperation and confidence.
This year we are seeking to engage youth through the “Super Hero Crime Fighter Design Contest.” This contest hopes to give our young people an opportunity to create their vision of what a crime-fighting super hero looks like. The winning designs will be incorporated into a logo/design for future “Mayor’s Night Out Against Crime” events. Below you will find the rules and regulations for the contest. Hard copies of this information will be available at City of Cleveland Recreation Centers, and Cleveland City Hall Room 6. For more information please call 216-664-3447.
Criteria for Participation
- Youth must reside in the City of Cleveland
- Youth must be eight (8) years of age by June 12, 2017, and must not be older than thirteen (13) years of age by June 12, 2017.
- Each entry must be the original work of one child;
- One submission per child.
- Designs may be horizontal or vertical.
- Any 2D art medium may be used (crayon, markers, colored pencil, etc.) Please no computer generated images or 3D materials (glitter, glued items, etc.)
- Words and numbers may be included in the design
- Be creative! Please do not use copyrighted art, logos, etc.
- The contest runs until July 14 and is open to children ages 8-13
- All entries are due by 4 pm on July 21. Return your entry to City of Cleveland, Community Relations Board, 601 Lakeside Avenue, Room #, Cleveland, Ohio 44114
- A winner will be selected by the City of Cleveland Mayor’s Night Out Against Crime Community in two categories Ages 8-10 and 11-13 for each of the City’s five (5) Police Districts.
- Winners will be notified by phone by July 28. The winning designs will be incorporated into an overall Mayor’s Night Out Against Crime Design for the 2018 event
- All winners will receive a certificate as well as the publication of their design.
Age: __________ Phone: __________________________
All entries become the property of the City of Cleveland and may be reproduced for public distribution,
and posted online. The City of Cleveland may use each winner’s name, design, and photograph for publicity purposes.
Parent/Guardian signature: _____________________________________