Downtown Cleveland is still a buzz with excitement over the recent opening of family owned grocery store, Heinen’s in the historic rotunda of the AmeriTrust bank building. The full service grocery store is an urban shopper’s delight that serves up high quality food with superior customer service.
Co-owners Jeff and Tom Heinen, who happen to be brothers, strategically utilized the 27,000 square-foot floor plan at the East 9th Street and Euclid Avenue store location to take advantage of the rotunda’s beautifully ornate and circular features which now display their fresh produce, meats, deli, bakery and prepared food counters. Shoppers can also find Heinen’s magnificent beer, wine and cheese displays.
For developers Fred and Greg Geis, of Geis Companies, its mission accomplished with the Heinen’s store capping off the brothers ambitious project to overhaul the 29 story AmeriTrust complex. CPP crews along with other utility crews and Geis contractors worked nearly around the clock, enduring some of Cleveland’s most unforgiving winter weather conditions and under the tightest of deadlines to revamp the building built in 1908. The re-purposed structure has been turned into an alluring complex The 9, where you will find an upscale hotel, luxury apartments, and Adega, a classy Mediterranean restaurant. There is also a pretty cool nightclub and speakeasy. Adjacent to The 9 is the new LEED (Leadership in Energy & Environmental Design) certified Cuyahoga County Administration Headquarters and parking garage. The project, located steps away from many of Cleveland’s popular entertainment, sports and lakefront establishments, is a perfect destination hot spot.
But for the Heinen brothers, the store marks yet another successful move to continue their grandfather’s legacy of delivering quality food and superior service. “Relationships are at the very core of our goal to knowing the sources of the products we sell,” states Tom Heinen. We look forward to serving the needs of downtown residents and businesses in this historic 1908 building containing the famous murals of Francis David Millet and the immense Tiffany stained-glass dome ceiling.
Written by By Kimberly Smith-Woodford